Friday, July 22, 2011

Lost & found in LA

The other afternoon I went walking through the Venice Beach Canals. I was excited to be out walking and seeing the beautiful architecture and scenery again. It's almost two years since I was last in LA. I took lots of photos and smiled so much when I saw this poster. Aurora the cat was found! Such a rare and beautiful thing to see proof of a happy ending for a lost cat. I watched a music video I'm in Here by Sia recently and learned that approximately 5million to 7 million companion animals enter animal shelters in the States every year.

Having walked through the Canals once before, with a local, I was confident that I would be fine to navigate the streets. You guessed it, PaperCat found herself a little bit lost... OK a lot lost! I stayed reasonably calm but as it became darker and darker I started to freak out. I had not yet bought a sim for my mobile (cell phone) and as much as I was worried for my safety I was mostly concerned about how fraught my Lux* and her family would be. I once was lost but now I'm: Found! Found! Thankyou everyone for looking! FOUND Thankyou!

No comments:

Post a Comment