Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sitting Still


I read a reflection based on a passage from Exodus. It was about the value of sitting still, the value of waiting rather than always putting our hope in human ingenuity, in moving forward and doing something, "our activity needs pause, needs observation, of the kind that demands stillness and humility". I am trying to remind myself at this time that sometimes it's best not to do anything and to trust that God will let me know when it's time to get going again.

I believe I'm in an critical phase of waiting. It's important that I don't rush into the next activity, the next job, the next set of responsibilities, deadlines and relationships. This in-between time is a time of recovery, evaluation and preparation... so I've started a blog :) Not exactly the model example of sitting still but there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment